We at Penn Highlands Brookville (PHB), in affiliation with Penn Highlands Healthcare, are very proud of our record in both cost effectiveness and innovation. As our 34 plus bed hospital evolves to meet today's ever- changing health care needs, the main focus remains on the patient and PHB's role in the community. The hospital has experienced enormous changes since its founding in 1919. Today, technological changes in health care are occurring at an even faster rate. While the hospital has kept pace with these rapid changes, its strength lies in the personalized healthcare given by the PHB family, which includes the physicians, employees, and board of directors.
To fulfill this mission and vision, we focus on bringing together talented healthcare professionals who believe that the best way to treat patients is to offer individualized medical care in an environment that is friendly, personalized, and close to home. In order to serve our patients in this manner, we are actively recruiting individuals who want to work in this type of environment.
Demonstrates knowledge of age-related needs of the patient; utilizes the biopsychosocial assessment process on a continuous basis in the delivery of care as evidenced by:
• Obtains heath and social information through interview process, assessment, and data collection
• Identifies patient biopsychosocial and learning needs on admission
• Provides clinical services through the Hospital as directed
Demonstrates judgment and clinical competency in the implementation of the treatment plan for assigned patients as evidenced by:
• Utilizes clinical and social resources
• Assures Primary Therapist role for the assigned patient population
• Maintains flexible work hours in response to changing patient needs
• Provides group, family, and individual therapy
• Evaluates patient’s response to the treatment plan
Provides leadership and direction of patient care as seen by:
• Plans patient care based on the priority of psychosocial needs and available resources
• Reports changes in patient’s condition to appropriate health care team members
• Documents clinical services provided based on outcomes within departmental policy
• Monitors patient’s response to interventions and updates treatment plan
• Utilizes cost effective measures in delivering patient care
• Monitors the environment of care and implements measures to maintain safety of staff, patients, and visitors
• Supports and demonstrates understanding
Education: Masters prepared Licensed Social Worker required. Currently Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Pennsylvania required.
Experience: Two years experience in counseling practice preferred
Required skills: Comprehensive Crisis Management training (or must obtain within one year of start date).